Hover over a location on the map below for more information.
Lambeth Palace on the south bank of the River Thames opposite Parliament has been a historic London residence of Archbishops of Canterbury since the 13th century.
Houses of Parliament/Big Ben
Construction started in 1840 and lasted for thirty years suffering great delays and cost overruns as well as the death of both leading architects.
The London Eye is situated on south bank of the river. The entire structure is 135 meters (443 ft) tall and the wheel has a diameter of 120 meters (394 ft).
Made of red granite and standing 21 meters (68 ft) high it weighs about 224 tons and is inscribed with Egyptian hieroglyphs. Originally erected in the Egyptian city of Heliopolis on the orders of Thutmose III, around 1450 BC.
Wren's masterpiece completed in 1715
Formerly Bankside Power Station. Commissioned following a power shortage in 1947. The building was designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott, the designer of Liverpool Cathedral, Battersea Power Station and the Red telephone box.
Originally located on the south bank of the River Thames in Southwark and destroyed by fire in 1613 it was rebuilt 1614 then demolished in 1644. The modern reconstruction is the brainchild of American actor and director Sam Wanamaker and built approximately 230 meters (750 ft) from the site of the original theatre.
Hay's Galleria is named after its original owner although it was converted into an enclosed dock and wharf around 1840 where it was one of the chief delivery points for ships bringing tea to the Pool of London.
The original site of the market, Billingsgate, is a ward in the south-east of the City of London. In this original location in the 19th century Billingsgate was the largest fish market in the world.
The ship is named after the capital city of Northern Ireland. The prefix HMS stands for 'Her Majesty's Ship', referring to the British Queen.
Tower of London
Founded by William the first after the Norman Conquest of England, The White Tower was completed in 1078. There were several phases of expansion, mainly under Kings Richard the Lionheart, Henry III, and Edward I in the 12th and 13th centuries.
Canary Wharf is located on the historic West India Docks on the Isle of Dogs.